8.08.2013

Chocolate Chip Cookies

I know when it comes to chocolate chip cookie recipes so many exist, but this recipe here, is by far the best one I have tried. My friend Shenel, who bakes all. the. time.  told me about this recipe. I thought "yeah, whatever" and then ... I tried it. These were the cookies I served at my wedding instead of cake. I'm pretty sure the secret lies in the amount of brown sugar. 

Ingredients 
  • 3 1/2 c. flour
  • 1 tsp. baking soda
  • 1 tsp. baking powder
  • 1 tsp. salt
  • 1 c. butter (softened)
  • 2 c. brown sugar
  • 6 T. sugar
  • 2 eggs
  • 4 tsp. vanilla (if you can get Mexican vanilla the taste will go to the next level!) 
  • 12 oz. chocolate chips
Directions
  • In a large bowl mix the flour, baking powder, baking soda and salt together.  
  • In a separate large bowl blend the butter and sugars until smooth and creamy. Once they are creamy add in the eggs and vanilla. Blend until smooth. 
  • Slowly mix in the dry ingredients with the sugar mixture until blended. 
  • Stir in the chocolate chips (a little more than 12 oz. is never a bad thing...)
  • For each cookie, spoon up approximately 2-3 T. Of the batter 
  • Bake at 300 degrees F for approximately 13 minutes. If you like them soft and gooey, 13 minutes is good. If you like them crunchy, 15-18 minutes is good. 
I hope you enjoy them as much as I do! If you make them I'd love to hear how they turned out. 

1 comment:

  1. This is my favorite chocolate chip recipe:

    http://kelseysappleaday.blogspot.com/2011/08/best-ever-chewy-chocolate-chip-cookies.html

    It leaves them poofy instead of letting them get flat. They are so wonderful! I made 3 dozen for group once and all of them got eaten easily! haha. Brown sugar is definitely a plus. People like their chubby cookies (as ryan calls them). ;)

    ReplyDelete

TEMPLATE BY PRETTYWILDTHINGS