6.10.2012

Because I only turn 27 once!

Yes! It is that time of year again ... MY BIRTHDAY! For those of you who know me well, you know that I LOVE presents and I LOVE my birthday! I have also been known to at times (ok, every year) make a huge birthday list of all the ridiculous things I want. However, I've decided to do something different this year. If people bought me gifts and then shipped them here that would be a ridiculously expensive amount plus I can't take everything home when I leave. So this year here is my plan: 

1. For a birthday gift you can send $5 in a card to my parents home address. Once all the cards arrive they will ship them all at once to me. Why the $5? ... I want to get a Koraen tea set and some Korean chop sticks to take back home. My parents home address is: 

1214 W. Jewell Street
Wichita, KS 67213

2. Now that you have extra money from not buying a big gift or from shipping, here is where the remainder of my birthday $ can go: I have a friend from Bible school, Katie Folden, that is now a missionary in Japan. Not only is she a missionary but she is also an artist. She completed a painting called the Proverbs 14:21 painting. Recently she has felt led to make 100,000 prints of the painting to distribute them. Each painting will include the Gospel, how to be saved, information on the local church in Japan and hopefully a Jesus DVD in Japanese. If you would like to donate money for the Proverbs Print Project you can send a check to Katie's mission board, Baptist Missions to Forgotten Peoples. The check will need to be written to Katie Folden with "Proverbs Print Project" in the memo line. Here is their address: 

BMFP PO Box 37043
Jacksonville, FL 32236 

If you would like to receive e-mails from Katie's mission work in Japan or if you have more questions about the Proverbs print project feel free to e-mail her at: katienjapan@gmail.com  

Here is a picture of the painting: 




Proverbs 14:12 
There is a way which seems right unto a man, but the end thereof are the ways of death. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

TEMPLATE BY PRETTYWILDTHINGS